The MiniMax CU300 classic – a professional combination machine that’s accurate, reliable and easy to use. A genuine European combination machine featuring:
- Sliding table saw with scorer
- Spindle moulder with 3 speeds
- 300mm wide surfacer with oversized working fence
- 300mm thicknesser
- 3 independent motors – one for each operating group
Based on feedback from the Australian market, we stock 5 versions of the CU300 classic
- 1600mm sliding table and 240V motors: Designed to be as compact as possible, the 1600mm table option is ideal for both solid timber and sheet work. The small footprint makes this machine very popular in smaller workshops. The 3 motors are 240V, 3hp.
- 2600mm sliding table and 415V motors: In addition to the long sliding table, this model has 3 x 6.6hp, 415V motors
- 1600mm sliding table and 240V motors with spiral cutter blocks
- 2600mm sliding table and 240V motors with spiral cutter blocks
- 2600mm sliding table and 415V motors with spiral cutter blocks
One of the big features on this machine is the simplicity in swapping from one operation to the next – within seconds you can go from surfacing to thicknessing to ripping, docking and moulding – all with extreme accuracy.
We include some great upgrades on this machine as standard – all designed to make the machine as versatile as possible.
Machining hardwoods? No problems, the professional fence upgrade, large sawblade capacity, big worktables and Teresa cutter block will put you in good stead.
Need to machine melamine faced board or veneers? You’ll love the scoring saw, designed to minimise breakout and chipping.
Does large panel work? big sliding table running right next to the blade, large outrigger supports and material clamps will be invaluable.
For detailed information click on the specification tab.
The MiniMax Cu300 Classic
- Max. working width of surface tables: 300mm
- Total length of surface tables: 1510mm
- Max. stock removal: 4mm
- No. of knives: 3 knife tersa cutterblock
- Professional fence upgrade to include dedicated rip fence and dedicated planing fence
- Planing fence tilts from 0 to 90 degrees
- Rip fence with quick-lock adjustment and micro-adjustment
- Cast-iron thicknessing table dimensions: 300 x 585mm
- Feed speed on thicknesser: 7m/min
- Min./max. working height on thicknesser: 3/230mm
- Saw-spindle moulder table dimensions: 1115 x 335mm
- Sawblade tilting: 90-45degrees
- Max. saw blade diameter: 315mm
- Aluminium sliding wagon
- Cutting width on rip fence: 820mm
- Max. spindle working height: 100mm
- Spindle moulder rotating speed: 3500/70000/10000rpm
- Spindle moulder shaft diameter: 30mm
- Max. tool diameter lowered under table: 180mm
- CE safety compliance giving self-braking motor on the spindle moulder, Additional spindle moulder hood for shaping operations, bridge-type surfacer protection and safety interlocks on access doors
- Anodised aluminium sliding table extrusion (270mm width) sliding next to the saw blade.
- Scoring unit complete with blade
- 3 x independent motors, one for each operating group.
- Tersa cutterblock with quick-change knife locking system.
- Quick-release spindle (interchangeable)
- 120mm diameter extraction outlets on operating groups.
- Instruction manual including assembly, setup and troubleshooting guides
- spare parts manual with exploded diagrams of all the machine components
- Preset to accept the optional mortising unit.
Shipping and freight information
- CU300 classic with 1600mm sliding table: Boxed size 2100 length x 1500 width x 1150 high. Approx weight 650kg.
- CU300 classic with 2600mm sliding table:
Sliding table saw
Extruded, anodised aluminium sliding table (dims 270 x 124) sliding on high precision, hardened and calibrated guideways (F550 SX steel). This wide worktable gives great support, even for larger panels and workpieces. Incorporating a self-cleaning dustproof design the sliding table is designed to last. The table itself is a ‘honeycomb’ extrusion design to disperse the loadings and distribute the panel weight evenly.
Belt driven scoring unit to reduce chipping and breakout on melamine and veneered boards. 80mm diameter blade with easy adjustment from outside the machine, no tooling needed. The main blade capacity is 315mm, even with the scorer fitted.
Allows large sheets to be processed single-handed. Support is given by the squaring frame and the sliding table. The panel is pushed up against the crosscut referencing fence. Supplied complete with:
- 960 x 600mm panel support.
- Two large flip over stops supplied as standard.
- Telescopic swinging arm support
- Extending panel support for wide panels
- Panel clamp mounted to the aluminium sliding table
Cast iron worktables and machine base
The machine frame and base are manufactured in the SCM groups assembly plants. The base is laser cut from one piece of plate steel. A CNC controlled folding machine than constructs the base. This method guarantees the integrity and rigidity of the machine frame.
The working tables are cast iron. Again this is done in SCM’s own foundry. Having these manufacturing facilities ‘in house’ means the MiniMax machines feature oversized castings with extensive reinforcing. The cast tables are then milled to provide a flat working surface.
The MiniMax Professional fence system is designed to make the operation of the CU300 classic as quick, easy and accurate as possible. The fences work on the same principle as ‘stand-alone’ sliding table saws and planers. The machine is fitted with both a dedicated ripping fence and surfacing fence.
The rip fence has fine adjustment and is slides along its length. Its the perfect height and length – the same as you would find on a dedicated, stand alone type panel saw. The surfacing fence is a much longer, taller fence – giving you a large, solid reference point when straightening material.
Quick changeover cutterblock knife system. Gives the quickest possible knife changeover times – no skilled training required, just slide the knife in and go. The unique cutterblock design uses centrifugal force to lock into position. This design ensures a constant cutting circle is achieved. Reversible knife design gives two cutting surfaces per knife.
Xylent spiral cutterblock system
The MiniMax Xylent spiral cutterblock system uses rows of square cutter knives that are positioned within close proximity to each other – spiraling around the cutter block.
Each knife has four cutting edges and can be rotated as one edge dulls. The spiral design of the Xylent system means that the knife will shear the timber rather than cut directly on it. The benefits of this system include a better quality of cut, reduced noise emission, improved shaving extraction and less working load on the machine motor.
The CU300 classic range is fitted with the interchangeable spindle option, allowing you to quickly and easily remove the 30mm diameter spindle shaft. We carry a range of optional interchangeable spindles in stock, including a unit to take 1/2 router collets. By purchasing the optional router collett spindle you can utilise all your existing 1/2″ shank tooling.