The MiniMax CU410 – the latest addition to the Classic series of combination machines.
The 410 has all the features of the CU300 classic series, with upgraded surfacer/thicknesser to 410mm width capacity
A genuine European combination machine featuring:
- 2600mm Sliding table saw with scorer
- Spindle moulder with 3 speeds
- 410mm wide surfacer with oversized working fence
- 410mm thicknesser
- 3 x 415v, 6.6hp, 415V 50Hz motors
Fitted with a 2600mm sliding table this machine has been made as compact as possible, however still able to rip the full length of a 2450mm (8′) standard panel length. The machine is fitted with 3 x 415V, three phase motors.
One of the big features on this machine is the simplicity in swapping from one operation to the next – within seconds you can go from surfacing to thicknessing to ripping, docking and moulding – all with extreme accuracy.
CU410 Classic Standard Features:
We include some great upgrades on this machine as standard – all designed to make the machine as versatile as possible.
Machining hardwoods? No problems, the professional fence upgrade, large sawblade capacity , big worktables and a selection of cutterblock options will put you in good stead.
Need to machine melamine faced board or veneers? You’ll love the scoring saw, designed to minimise breakout and chipping.
Large panel work? Big 2600mm sliding table running right next to the blade, large outrigger supports and material clamps will be invaluable. The perfect machine if your regularly processing industry standard 2450 x 1220mm (8′x4′) sheets of panel.
Xylent Spiral Cutterblock System
The MiniMax Xylent spiral cutterblock system uses rows of square cutter knives that are positioned within close proximity to each other – spiraling around the cutter block.
Each knife has four cutting edges and can be rotated as one edge dulls. The spiral design of the Xylent system means that the knife will shear the timber rather than cut directly on it. The benefits of this system include a better quality of cut, reduced noise emission, improved shaving extraction and less working load on the machine motor.
MiniMax Cu410 classic standard features:
- Max. working width of surface tables: 410mm
- Total length of surface tables: 1800mm
- Max. stock removal: 4mm
- Professional fence upgrade to include dedicated rip fence and dedicated planing fence
- Planing fence tilts from 0 to 90 degrees
- Rip fence with quick lock adjustment and micro adjustment
- Cast-iron thicknessing table dimensions: 410 x 605mm
- Feed speed on thicknesser: 7m/min
- Min./max. working height on thicknesser: 3/230mm
- Saw-spindle moulder table dimensions: 1115 x 335mm
- Sawblade tilting: 90-45degrees
- Max. sawblade diameter: 315mm
- Aluminium sliding wagon stroke: 2660 mm
- Cutting width on rip fence: 900mm
- Max. spindle working height: 100mm
- Spindle moulder rotating speed: 3500/70000/10000rpm
- Spindle moulder shaft diameter: 30mm
- Max. tool diameter lowered under table: 180mm
CU410 Classic Standard Equipment:
- CE safety compliance giving self braking motor on the spindle moulder, Additional spindle moulder hood for shaping operations, bridge type surfacer protection and safety interlocks on access doors
- Anodised aluminium sliding table extrusion (dimensions 6660 x 270mm) sliding next to the sawblade.
- Belt driven scoring unit complete with blade. External adjustment, no tooling needed.
- 3 x three phase motors, 415V 6.6hp.
- Quick release spindle (interchangeable)
- 120mm diameter extraction outlets on operating groups.
- Instruction manual including assembly, setup and troubleshooting guides
- spare parts manual with exploded diagrams of all the machine components
- Preset to accept optional mortising unit.
Extruded, anodised aluminium sliding table (dims 270 x 124 x 1600) sliding on high precision, hardened and calibrated guideways (F550 SX steel). This wide worktable gives great support, even for larger panels and workpieces. Incorporating a self cleaning dustproof design the sliding table is designed to last. The table itself is a ‘honeycomb’ extrusion design to disperse the loadings and distrubute the panel weight evenly.
Belt driven scoring unit to reduce chipping and breakout on melamine and veneered boards. 80mm diameter blade with easy adjustment from outside the machine, no tooling needed. The mainblade
capacity is 315mm, even with the scorer fitted.
Allows large sheets to be processed single handed. Support is given by the squaring frame, and the sliding table. The panel is pushed up against the cross cut referencing fence. Supplied complete with:960 x 600mm panel support.
- Two large flipover stops supplied as standard.
- Telescopic swinging arm support
- Extending panel support for wide panels
- Panel clamp mounted to aluminium sliding table
Cast Iron Worktables and Machine Base
The machine frame and base is manufactured in the SCM groups assembly plants. The base is laser cut from one peice of plate steel. A CNC controlled folding machine than constructs the base. This method guarantees the integrity and rigidity of the machine frame.
The working tables are cast iron. Again this is done in SCM’s own foundry. Having these manufacturing facilities ‘in house’ means the MiniMax machines feature oversized castings with extensive reinforcing. The cast tables are then milled to provide a flat working surface.
The MiniMax Professional fence system is designed to make the operaton of the CU410 classic as quick, easy and accurate as possible. The fences work on the same principle as ’stand alone’ sliding table saws and planers. The machine is fitted with both a dedicated ripping fence and surfacing fence.
The rip fence has fine adjustment and is slides along its length. Its the perfect height and length – the same as you would find on a panel saw. The surfacing fence is a much longer, taller fence – giving you a large, solid reference point when straightening material.
The CU410 classic range is fitted with the interchangeable spindle option, allowing you to quickly and easily remove the 30mm diameter spindle shaft. We carry a range of optional interchangeable spindles in stock, including a unit to take 1/2 router collets. By purchasing the router collett spindle you can utilise all your existing 1/2 shank tooling.
Aluminium Fences on Spindle Moulder
Designed with longevity in mind, we have upgraded the spindle fence to be long-wearing aluminium.
Pricing is based on customer pickup from our warehouse. If an interstate stock transfer is required, additional charges will apply.
Need more info, or want to check our stock levels? If you're in Australia you can call us on 1300 422 349.